I recently moved office rooms at my office in Bankers Hall West. I had a good view of the mountains and my recent move more south opened up the mountain vista even more! Its not the best as there was glare on the dirty window, but its a good view that I will soon miss as I am transferring to Pittsburgh PA pretty soon!
Matt Graham Photo Blog - Landscapes and other interesting shots from Alberta and Pennsylvania
Entries from January 1, 2010 - January 31, 2010
I found this post from Jim Goldstein and Darwin Wiggett asking people for their top photos from 2009. A great idea to share what I have done with others and likewise, see what others have done too!
This past year has been an amazing year is my journey in photography. I bought a Canon Digital Rebel XSi on New Years Eve 2008 and I never thought that purchase would transform the way I look at things through my camera. I have gone from a 3.2 MegaPixel Powershot to a 6.0 MegaPixel Powershot to the 12.2 MegaPixel Rebel. Quite astonishing how each time the MegaPixelcount doubles!
The first couple months were overwhelming and I thought that using AUTO mode was good enough. Then I found that the amazing wealth of knowledge sharing and tutorials on the web is incredible.
Twitter (@MattGrahamCA) has allowed me to follow many photographers in a way I could not believe. How could a 140 character "tweet" be meaningful? I think it's the instant updates that people do that makes it so fresh. Just who do I enjoy following?
- @pixelatedimage - aka David DuChemin, a humanitarian and world photographer who has two great books out and countless e-books.
- @jimgoldstein- Wonderful nature and landscape photographer with a blog with great thought provoking posts.
- @TreyRatcliff - HDR master who does some amazing work
- @ScottBourne - Host of the podcast Photofocus - a Q+A show on photography
- @RickSammon - Host of the Digital Photo Experience podcast and website
Web resources has been great whether it is a website or a personal blog. In many cases today it both are the same or related. Blogging is a great way to show your stuff in a more informal setting and seeing what others post keeps my RSS reader full.
- Darwin Wiggett - An amazing landscape and nature photographer who provides great instruction through his website, blog, workshops and field trips.
- Rob Galbraith - A website to find any big camera news, tests, great links photo galleries on the web.
- Canon Rumors - Perhaps a waste of time, but its fun to see what people wish Canon would come up with next
- Picture Perfect School of Photography (PPSOP) - Online photography courses that I have come to love. Weekly lessons and critiques by instructors really make it worthwhile.
- Nature Photographers Online Magazine - A great community of photographers who love nature and landscape photographers. Great forums, articles and photo contests.
Thanks to all who have visited my blog and gallery, provided comments and have bought prints. This year has been awesome to meet photographers from around Calgary, Canada and the world.
Happy New Year and all the best in 2010!